Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Good Snacks and Birthday Parties

So, a couple of back stories (don't worry, it'll all make sense in the end):

-The months prior to my birthday (March 2nd) were a bit hell-ish.  Spencer and I were really looking forward to a break from life, and we created a lot of hype and excitement revolving around this little celebration.  I won't get into all of the details of when March 2nd rolled around, but every single thing that could of gone right, did!  We had an amazing couple of days over the weekend.  Plus, I got some stellar Chicago clothes and drinks, and Spencer kept lavishing gifts on me!

-This part isn't a story, but more so a fact: My favorite, FAVORITE, favorite naughty snack in the world is frozen cream cheese wontons.  You pop them in the oven, and mean while, make a little mixture of garlic sriracha sauce and soy sauce.  It is SO, SO good.

Okay, so the other day, Spence and I were talking and I jokingly said, "I want it to be my birthday again, so I can have anything I want. HA!"  Spencer replies, "Birthday-you is my favorite you there is."  I was a bit surprised, because I was having a spoiled moment, and not really that serious.  So, of course, I ask for an explanation; he explains:
"I love it when you're that excited about anything.  It's just like how much I love coming home, and seeing the soy sauce and sriracha left out on the kitchen counter.  You always put things away, so I know it wasn't left out because you didn't want to put in the frig; it was left out because of how excited you were to eat your wontons!  I love seeing you that happy."

Okay, maybe this is a coupley thing that someone else would look in on, and think is totally silly.  I mean, we are talking about wontons, and my childish desires for good snacks and birthday parties.  But, for me, I was blown away.

1. My husband is the most incredible man.
2. Spencer loves me the way Jesus loves me.
3. Therefore, if Spencer's mortal-man-sin-stricken heart loves seeing me excited and enjoying life that much, how much  more is God pleased to see me joyously laughing and truly embracing every thrilling moment of life!

Yes, trials and seasons can be difficult.  And yeah, there are times and circumstances that it is okay, and just plain honest to admit "this sucks".  However, at the same time, there a CREAM CHEESE WONTONS in the world!  And today, a sweet Summer air was rolling over Wisconsin.  There are the best friends in the world waiting to share good stories over drinks, and there are profoundly moving books that will touch and change your SOUL!  I go through these revelations all of the time, yes, but I am just a person who has to grip so tightly in my fist the mindset that no matter what, life is fantastic!  And, even if tomorrow will be a "this sucks" day, or maybe yesterday was, all the more reason to be completely given to an overwhelming since of gratitude and joy for the precious gifts of life!

We have taste buds for a reason, so enjoy those wontons, folks!



1 comment:

  1. It feels cheesy (not as cheesy as the "cream cheesy" joke I just contemplated upon typing cheesy...) to comment on this particular blog, but I love you honey. And I love your joy, and your birthday, and your taste buds, and the way that seeing the things you say doesn't just make you reflect on yourself and your life, but makes you look to God and say thank you. I love you Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete