Saturday, February 6, 2010

I typed without hesitation, here's what happened:

Last night Freelove and I were writing poetry (I had to write a poem for my 52 Weeks project) and she kept saying "STOP THINKING! Just write!" as I hesitated with the pen in my hand. When I decided to finally write whatever came to my mind, she said she loved it.

I want to write for a few minutes without thinking. I'm just going to jot whatever comes to mind, and see where it leads me.

I'm about to turn 23. I love it and I hate it. Even with all my new revelations and desires, its odd to look back at the past 22 years of my life and how my dreams have changed and brought me to where I am. I wish I was who I am now when I was 18, but I'm not. I'm okay with that. 2010 has been an awesome year so far. I adore my 52 Weeks project, it gives me something to look forward every week. Jump ship. I've had 3 conversations with 3 friends about 3 out-of-the-norm topics. Just things you deal with I guess-they've all got me thinking. Oops, about to over think, keep typing. I want to dance in the rain. I realise this sounds cheesy, but I do. One day when I was in highschool I was unusually happy and I went out on my patio and danced in a beautiful North Carolina storm. I miss the rain from NC. The rain drops are big. Another time in highschool, when I was being my typical cynical self with Meyer, and we walked around the neighborhood in a thunder storm. We've got the pictures to prove it. We're smiling in those photos, funny...because we quite upset on the walk. I guess sometimes you just need a friend to hold your hand in the rain. We used to sing songs, they were pretty funny, but pretty mean. Words hurts, remember that. This week even after my single ladies anthem, I suddenly felt myself feeling alone. Pretty ironic, but pretty typical of God (to challenge your new life anthems I mean). I'm over it now. I love being alone, I love figuring out life out by myself. I like to be independent, I didn't use to. ...but then again, I didn't use to loathe the idea of dating either. John says that'll change when the right guy comes along. We'll see. I'm not concerned. For now, I want to keep coloring peacocks (that drawing is taped to my wall, I'm proud of it for some odd reason). I want to keep listening to my depressed folk music followed by up-beat country music. Ya know, I like confidence. God spoke to me loads about humility when I first moved up here, once you grasp humility (which believe me I'm still learning to eat my humble pie) you learn boldness and confidence as well. This is who I am-this is who God made me. I know God, I hear Him, and He chose me. I'm made in His image, and its beautiful. He made me beautiful. This goes for you too, friend. God chose man to reveal His glory. Weird.

This was fun, I'll do this more.

Over and out.

3 comments:

  1. *LOVE*

    Free writing is so fun! And strangely cathartic. Sometimes I set my alarm on my phone and force myself to write for 5, 10, 15 minutes at a time. The only rule? Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES can the pen come off the paper!!! (obviously it can between words, but the point is to write NON STOP for 'X' amount of minutes and see what happens)

    streams of consciousness are great.

    and I love that you spelled realize 'realise'. sometimes I want to spell like a brit too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cooooooooool Sarah!

    And yes, there is way too much English influence in my life currently, ha! I didn't even notice I did that! HA!

    ReplyDelete