Saturday, January 2, 2010

Black and White.

I love the mystery of black and white photos. I like that I am able to choose the colors of the leaves, or imagine one's cheeks a bit rosier than perhaps they actually are. There's a profound beauty in a colorless photo, and the more the think about it the more gorgeous it becomes. A person's smile seems softer to me for some reason, and if the ocean they're standing behind was a bit gloomy and grey that day...I'll never know, because I'm imagining it crystal blue.

I jokingly have said I'm going through a "quarter life crisis". The color has been put into my photos; reality has been seen. Now, smiles seem a bit more harsh and the colors aren't as vibrant as I always imagined them to be. I'm okay with it, but I will admit a bit disappointed. I prefer the black and white. Ignorance is bliss. We've tasted from the tree in the garden, and now we know. We know of good and evil, and now just of our bliss with God. I love life on earth, but I'm beginning to understand in new ways of being an "alien" here.

I miss black and white photos.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment