Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Love for Avocados and My Unfiltered Mouth.

I love avocados. I was standing in my kitchen eating a wrap (consisting of cheese/avocado/salsa) when this feeling of awe and amazement took over me. All I could think was "I LOVE avocados", and then I devised a plan as to how to make my love known. You see, when a strong emotion/desire/thought comes to mind, it takes over my very being and I feel the urgent need to say something alerting as least one person of whatever has taken control of me. Tonight, it was avocados.

I began to ponder this as I realised the absurdity of my need to tell someone of something so small and insignificant. I looked at my track record of this happening; a thought or idea comes to mind and I feel so strongly I immediately blurt it out with out any thought of consequence or repercussion. It's a fire in my bones to quote Jeremiah, however the fire is not always the Word of God, but you know...avocados. When the times arise where my thoughts are of a more serious nature and should NOT explode out of my mouth, I attempt to hold it in. I often last, ooooooooh...10 minutes before I burst forth with my news or revelation.
Why is that my 10 minutes of agony in my recognition of reason and wisdom, is more often than not subdued to my will to share my thought. The verse "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks" is a verse seeming to mark my life, yet not always in the greatest of ways.

We're called to:
Be slow to speak (James 1:19)
Guard our mouth (Prov 21:23)
Not be hasty or impulsive in our words (Ecc 5:2)


How is it I can become SO gripped with such great of a passion for things large and small? Whether my thoughts are uplifting or harmful I am not satisfied until it leaves my mouth. It's as if the thought cannot stop penetrating my mind until its released in word form.

I want to be aware of this, and allow the fear of God to reign in my words and outbursts.

Ironically enough, this very rant was another thought I was overcome by and felt the need to share. I suppose sometimes its not so bad...

Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. Conflicted post, kind of like the sign-off. :^) "Over" means "you can speak now" and "out" means "I am turning off my radio". ;^D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know-my "over and out" drives Trefor Jones crazy, but from a military view point. I quite like. 1. The expression is familiar, and 2. It makes perfect sense to me. Post if "over" and I'm "out". Wah, wah!

    And what do you mean conflicted post? Hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete