Thursday, November 5, 2009

Everyone's doing it...

I enjoy watching the TV Show "The View" when I get the chance. However, today I put the show on from Tuesday (watching it on Hulu) and was less than pleased. The women brought up the topic of a Planned Parenthood manager (or something of the sort) who quit her job once seeing an aborted fetus. The women of course began talking about the "hot topic" of abortion, with 3 women being for "choice" and one for life. One of the women (who is pro-choice) explained when she was 17, she went into a Planned Parenthood and the woman she spoke with was "rushing" and "pressuring" her into making the choice for an abortion. The View hosts then spoke about the influence of the Planned Parenthood employees to abort children due to its economical reasoning and the profit the company makes from it.

I decided to see for myself and went to the Planned Parenthood website. The first sentences on the abortion link read as follows:

"Abortion is a safe legal way for women to end pregnancy.
There are two kinds of abortion in the U.S. — in-clinic abortion and the abortion pill.
Abortions are very common. In fact, more than 1 out of 3 women in the U.S. have an abortion by the time they are 45 years old."


When presenting information people often attempt to sway you by providing lop-sided or smooth/attractive words. I understand, I can do the same thing if I want pizza for dinner, and wish to lure you into the same decision with the lust of a pepperoni slice and a coke. I get it.

...But I'm sorry. The whole deal behind people who politically and morally support "choice" come across as anything but on this page. Abortions are common, 1 in 3 have done it. It's safe, its legal. It is VERY COMMON. These words are not words of one attempting to present you with the unbiased opinion of life or "choice", but instead to sway you into the "uplifting" decision of aborting your unborn child. Present the facts, not words itching ears desire to hear. ...And don't claim to be for choice when its so clearly obvious with the way you present the very idea of abortion that you are more-so for the actual act of abortion than just presenting the option of it.

I am OH so tempted to begin listing all scripture for God's care of us in our mother's womb, our command to fight for the poor and fatherless, and the bunk history of Planned Parenthood. However, I should wait on that because I already stopped working into order to write this blog. I just needed to vent and get this out in order to focus for the rest of my day.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment